Repetitive Strain Injury

Claiming compensation for repetitive strain injury

Accident Compensation Helpline is a long established and trusted personal injury claims company. With over 20 years experience, we’ve helped many thousands of people claim compensation for many different types of accident and injury claims.

What is a repetitive strain injury (RSI)

If you are suffering with a repetitive strain injury, we can help you find out if you are entitled to make a claim for personal injury compensation.

RSI (repetitive strain injury) occurs when a particular set of tendons, muscles and nerves become damaged by repetitive movement. It is common for RSI injuries to be suffered within the workplace.

Also known as Work Related Upper Limb Disorder (WRULD), RSI is often associated with a person’s everyday work activities. It can occur in various forms, including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tendonitis, Vibration White Finger (VWH) and Bursitis.

RSI can be caused by working for prolonged periods of time without a break, carrying heavy loads on a repeated basis, working in cold temperatures, forceful activities or a badly organised work area that is not ergonomically sound.

Sufferers of RSI have symptoms such as pain, swelling, tingling, cramps or numbness in the neck, arms, hands or shoulders.

Prevention of RSI

Your employer has a responsibility to ensure that steps are taken to minimise your risk of suffering from RSI. For example, if you operate a keyboard, these preventative steps include ensuring a correct working position by checking both your seating and PC monitor are at the correct height for comfortable operation. Wrist rests should be made available if required. To avoid prolonged keyboard use, employees should be encouraged to take regular keyboard breaks and your employer should make you aware of the potential risks of suffering from RSI.

If you are suffering from RSI, contact us. You may be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries and loss of income if you are unable to work.

What can I claim for?

In addition to compensation for personal injury, you may also be entitled to make a claim for loss of earnings and any other expenses incurred due to the injury.


  • Loss of earnings

    In addition to your normal wages, you may have lost out on potential overtime, bonuses or commission because of your injuries. You can claim for all of these if they relate to the accident.

  • Medical expenses and rehabilitation costs

    This includes things like prescription costs, the cost of buying equipment to help in your rehabilitation, and the cost of private medical treatment if you have to ‘go private’.

  • Travel expenses

    That could be, for instance, taxis or public transport to hospital appointments.

  • Your partner's loss of earnings

    Your partner’s loss of earnings if they’ve had to take time off to care for you.

  • Other expenses

    Any other costs and expenses incurred due to the injury.

      Request a
      free claim assessment

    • By submitting this form you agree to be contacted by Accident Compensation Helpline. There is no obligation to use our service.

    Use specialist injury lawyers – for maximum compensation

    We have a nationwide panel of expert injury lawyers who work on a no win, no fee basis. They will take care of your claim and make the process of claiming compensation as simple and straightforward for you as possible. So you can be confident that your claim will be handled by specialists every step of the way.

    What should I do now?

    Contact us – it is important to call us as soon as you can, while details are fresh in your mind. The sooner you call us, the quicker we can get the right specialist lawyers on board to get the ball rolling with your claim.

      Does your claim qualify?

      Fill in your details below for a free claim check

      Or simply call us now on freephone

      0800 0511 511